Monday, July 10, 2006

Reminder bracelet

I recently bought this bracelet from an antique store in Mt. P. It's got the 10 Commandments listed on 10 little silvery-gold circles. Totally Catholic; totally relig; totally tacky. I wear it often. Thing is, it's missing commandments 1-3. Why is that? Are those just not as important as the remaining 7? Hm. Puzzling... but the bracelet fits better without 1-3. Had those been added, it'd be more anklet size than bracelet size. The moon is full this evening! It looks a lot like the facets of my bracelet, actually. (Dawns on me: this will be a very annoying post to read because my mom and dad's dial-up crap computer won't allow me to hit ENTER and move to next line... oh well, suffer and read and be happy.) Tonight, I went with my sister Angela and my bro-in-law-to-be Kevin and our friends Terry and Nadia to the Alibi, the famous Troy pizzeria. Over a few glasses of wine and a pizza, Terry updated us all on the condition of his boyfriend's illness, which is very dire. Terry's bf is dying from pancreatic cancer, and has been told he will not live to see age 30. Terry is getting bf's affairs in order, as he has no living family, other than a crusty old granny who will someday die from cancer herself. I barely know Terry's man, having met him only once at a wedding, but, nonetheless, it made me infinitely sad to think about this poor soul. What do you do when you know for sure that you have less than six months to live? I guess Terry's bf is living the best he can one day at a time. I suppose that's all we all can do, anyway, esp. when 1-3 are missing from your reminder bracelet and you can't seem to remember 1-3 on your own. I spent most of my day playing with Evan and my nephew out in the sunshine, talking with my sister Angela, and doing other things I like-- baking. Terry's bf probably already does this everyday stuff-- but better than the rest of us do it. I hope to learn something about living from him, even if I only learn it secondhand-- from Terry telling his story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home