Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Parting Thought...

Well, it's the last week of classes before Spring Break. Some lucky students are off to tropical destinations, some are going to work, some are just going home to hang out with family and friends.

Other students, namely my Life Skills students, had these types of plans for Spring Break (these are all approximations of actual responses to the question, "What are your plans for Spring Break?"):

1. "Nailing sluts." (That one got so much laughter from the class that a few had tears in their eyes. I wasn't very amused, and at first ignored the comment but shot that individual a disapproving look, as if to say-- shut up, jerk-- until it came up again, and I had to say, "Gentlemen, that's enough. I don't want to hear it again.")
2. "Drinking." (My response: "I hope you have a DD.")
3. "Hopefully not getting arrested." (My response: "You better not call me to bail you out. I won't help you.")

I sometimes feel like smacking all of them. But, they also really make me laugh. I think I'd be sending a mixed message if I whacked each of them but laughed maniacally while doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home