Sunday, January 07, 2007

Imagine my disappoinment....

Everyone who knows me well knows I'm not the most optimistic person in the world. The only people who think I'm an optimist are my study skills students... and my life skills students. Sometimes, though, I have a day where I'm filled with the idea that there's so much in life to look forward to; so much to experience and discover and enjoy; so many interesting people to talk to, etc... and I even fool myself into believing that I am an eternal optimist.

Take yesterday evening. Bacon and I were having an excellent time with our friends, Courtney and Dan (the lovely couple whose mangy mongrel-y mutt bit my first and only wee boy), and the topic of conversation turned to high school memories. Dan had a very different perspective to things, having gone to high school at an all-male Jesuit private school. Apparently, cliques exist in this type of educational setting, but not to the same degree as a co-ed school.

So, Bacon, Courtney, and I took over the conversation from there... reminiscing about old friends and such. Then, it turned to reminiscing about old loves.

This was when Bacon admitted that the girl he had mad love for in high school was none other than the head cheerleader. (BARF!)

I had higher expectations for Bacon. I thought he'd be the sort of guy who would've liked the artsy cool girls who were into ceramics and journalism and other stuff that truly matters. But, no. He is terribly cliche.

(Inside, I was crying. Bacon wanted the head cheerleader. I am most definitely NOT the head cheerleader, or the cheerleader who has torn the miniscus in her knee and has had surgery and is sitting on the bench wearing her uniform to support the team.)

Oh, the horror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home