Sunday, October 08, 2006

Evan Goes to the Fire Station

There's one mom in Mt Pleasant who's always in the know about everything going on in the community. This mom is not me. Thanks to my friend Jennifer's group emails, I find out about a lot of free kid-related stuff-- and, today, Evan, Bacon, and I attended a free kid-related activity at the Mt. Pleasant Fire Station.

They had their whole fleet of trucks open for kids to climb into; they passed out plastic fire hats and packets of fire-safety information; there were tours and free food. It was some poor fireman's job to wear the large dalmatian costume. (It's pretty hot out today, and to be standing in the noon sun, with a fake fur mask covering one's face seems far from ideal-- other firemen had better jobs, like demonstrating the hose). Evan liked the trucks, but his favorite things were the human-dalmatian-- he kindly offered the "dog" a sip of his milk and some of his corn chips; and running through the hazardous waste clean-up/shower tent with a bunch of five and six-year-olds. Evan enjoyed the latter activity so much that he ran away with the group of them, and Bacon and I lost track of him for several minutes.

I wandered around the hazardous waste tent yelling, "Evan! Evan?!" I expected to find him crouching silently in a remote corner of it, pooping his pants. I was surprised not to find him there... but I was even more surprised when two other little boys approached me and said, "Did you lose a son?" Of course I had to reply, "Yes," feeling like a bit of a jerk-- what kind of parent loses track of a kid at a safety-themed community event? And, then there came Evan, smiling away, holding hands with a pig-tailed six-year-old girl... in his mind, he hadn't been lost at all. He'd just been swept away by all the fun. "Hi Mamou," he said.

What else. I ate two free pieces of pizza. Ogled the firemen. And thought about how the hazardous waste clean-up tent would be the perfect setting for a perverted afternoon romp. HOT!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evan, your clever ruse is slipping! Now that it's clear that you don't really hate everybody, you're going to find your diapered bottom in a daycare program faster than Mamou can say "day spa". Resume your antisocial behavior immediately or all will be lost!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home