Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trying to be a better person...

So, here it is, my live and online pledge to you that I am trying to become a better person-- mostly through more rigorous dedication to fitness and nutrition.

Coming home from Dublin, I was a pretty trim gal-- and since being home, have put on probably 10 lbs. This is too much weight for my height and a massive swing in the wrong direction. I've also realized that I'll be less likely to put off exercise if I go to bed earlier and get up earlier-- before anyone else (Evan) is awake. For example, this AM I woke up at 6:00, jogged 2.4 (a little more, maybe) miles, and was able to cook and eat a lovely breakfast. I plan the same tomorrow.

This is what Po' Bastard cooked up:

Po' Bastard's Chocolate Sludge Oatmeal
(looks like dung but tastes a lot better-- Believe it or not)

Ingredients:
-1 c. skim milk
-1/2 c. quick cooking oats
-2 tsp. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate cocoa powder
-2 tbsp. sugar

Bring the milk to a rolling boil in a small saucepan. Dump the cocoa powder into the milk and whisk until smooth. Dump in the oats-- turn down the pan a little bit, but continue stirring constantly (for about five minutes) until the mixture thickens, the oats have absorbed some of the milk, and are tender. Stir in the sugar.

Yes, as 30 looms on my horizon next May, I wanted to get all my ducks in a row. Not kidding there... I want to do 30 better than many people do. No control top hose for me! Instead, I'm gonna control what I eat and how I exercise! SNAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home