Thursday, February 10, 2005

Things are getting better all the time

Well, it seems we have water again. I say SEEMS only because, when Evan woke up at 3:30 AM to have a bottle, and when I went to pee slightly after that time, the toilet didn't flush. So, as of 3:30 AM, we had no water in the bathrooms-- only in the kitchen, when all of this started going on.

Yesterday, there was a tanker parked in front of the other Postgrad apartment building all day long. There were also two guys in a blue van with a long hose, which seemed to be sucking something out of the drains or something like that.

For awhile, I considered hanging up some signs around the building with nasty things written on them in black Sharpie, such as: "You pay too much for substandard utilities," "Thirsty? Visit the well in the Student Union," and stuff like that. If I am awake at 3:40 AM today, which I can most certainly guarantee, I'll do the turn-on-the-bathroom-faucet-test. If it fails, some heads will roll. I'd threaten Chinese water torture (in the spirit of the New Year and all), but can't make a promise of that.

In other news, my 10 year class reunion is coming up on 11/26/05! Am I going!? Hot diggity! You bet I am-- it'll be my only chance in life to tell everyone about my Pulitzer Prize nominations, my regular appearances on Hollywood Squares, and my new brand of cognac-flavoured bubblegum cigars. (but really, I'm mostly going to see what's happened, and see what's the same).

My mom, dad, and grandma will be on their way here in no time. I'll be so happy to see them. Now hopefully I can offer them a shower after a long journey. If not, they'll have to settle for a bowl of Tesco Value cornflakes.