Monday, October 16, 2006

Moving into new spaces

In the consistent and ugly battle for office space, I have lost once again. I have vacated my former office-- a person with a "real" (ie. not temporary faculty) job has moved in-- and I am now exploring previously uncharted territory-- my office is now in a hallway of engineering dept. offices.

I'm not complaining. The room is big. My desk is here, and the drawers actually open-- I think the movers sprinkled magic dust on it. My computer is here, and it works. I hope I have an ink cartridge in my printer, but I don't know yet because it's only my first day in here and I haven't printed anything. Best of all, the office is tucked away in a sort of remote corner, so no students will ever find me during my office hours.

I'm also not complaining because engineers are generally a congenial, macho-yet-slightly-nerdy bunch-- which means the views are pretty good, if you know what I mean.

Besides that, there's like a solar-powered race car or something parked in the main hallway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home