Friday, April 28, 2006

My POS is the best

This morning I was supposed to take Evan to speech therapy. We were totally on time leaving the house, and would've even arrived a few minutes early-- but then, when I tried to start the car, it did something it's never done... shake and lurch. And then it smelled like burning.

Our car isn't that old-- it's a 2002 L-Series Saturn. And while Andrew has put a lot of miles on it this year driving to SVSU and back, it's still only at 50,000 miles. This is mostly due to the fact that Angela drove it while we were in Ireland, and was extremely careful about charting her mileage, making sure she was under the amount stipulated in our lease. And we do have our car serviced regularly, keeping up with oil changes and stuff. As far aas we knew, our little Saturn was doing fine.

Yesterday, Andrew and I went to get the oil changed at a discount type of place, Pittsley's, over on Pickard. We would really prefer to have our car serviced at a Saturn dealership, but the closest one is in Saginaw. So we went to a quickie place that was different from the last quickie place we tried, Midas, whose staff lied to us, saying we needed something like $600.00 worth of repair on our car (a side note here: I trust politicians more than I do mechanics OR doctors, most doctors don't have any bedside manner, and most mechanics don't have any car-side manner).

When all that stinky stuff happened this AM, I thought, "This is no coincidence. Pittsley's did something to eff up my car."

To support my case, I just called my friend Sue Murphy, who will be driving Evan, Andrew, and I to the English Dept. party tonight because her car, a Subaru, doesn't sputter or shake. I told her what happened to my little Saturn, and where we'd been to get our oil changed. She said the same thing happened to her when she went to Pittsley's. They overfilled her car with oil!

How, if you are a trained mechanic, and you service cars day in and day out-- could it be possible to overfill the oil? Aren't all engines, like asses, basically the same shape? Some might be bigger, some might be smaller, but all are made of the same parts, yes?

If I ever get in to a bar fight in this life, it'll be with a mechanic or a doctor. Hopefully both. First, I'd bloody their noses, then, I'd drag them to the bathroom, and give them swirlies in the toilet; all the while saying, "Take that, you lying, thieving, unskilled POS!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home