Sunday, February 26, 2006

Not-so-Quiet Riot

There was a riot in Dublin yesterday. Anyone can go read about how/why/where it all went down, but I just wanted to express my personal view on the subject:

1. I'm not surprised.
2. It's a little scary... and strange... so weird to hear about bad stuff happening in my old familiar digs (feels kind of like when this girl I knew all through school was murdered by her husband-- we'd been good acquaintances, off and on, for years-- I even went to her Confirmation party-- I didn't cry, because at that point I didn't know her so well, but I was affected because she was young, gainfully employed in her field of interest, and had an infant daughter. It made me feel a little cold, a little sick, and a LOT reminded of how vulnerable we all are... all the time).