Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Proof

Two things happened to me today that further support my hypothesis that I am fast becoming the most popular instructor on all of campus.

1. One student actually sent his brother to my class to see if there was any way I could "bump" him into one of my classes next semester.

2. A class asked me to go tailgating with them on Friday. I said I would definitely do it next semester. The joke there, of course, is that people don't tailgate in winter time-- football season being over and all.

Having said that, I don't understand what's fun about tailgating. Eating hot dogs, while sitting in the trunk of a car doesn't sound appealing to me at all. I guess people play drinking games at events like these-- but, I also don't go in for those. I don't need a game to facilitate drinking, much less social interaction. I don't like games in general. Any game-- football, drinking, or otherwise.

Give me a quiet glass of wine-- no, a quiet single malt whisky-- with people I choose to be around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home