Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's The Hap-happiest time of the year... or something

This isn't my most fave time of year. I'd venture to guess that it's the same for most people teaching in higher ed. Why? Well, because next week is finals week-- and then, comes grading said finals, then factoring final grades-- then submitting grades-- and then, shortly thereafter, the student whining emails arrive: "Dear Mrs. Devenney: Merry Christmas and all. I can't help but notice that you gave me a c+ in your class. I don't understand how this is possible because I've only had three late assignments and I'm sure I didn't do bad on my final exam-- did I?..."

I hope I don't get any correspondence like this this year. It's very annoying and takes valuable time away from other things I'd rather be doing-- like totally forgetting about my students.

Anyway, in the final push toward finals week, I've set myself a goal of reading 7 papers a day. I think I can manage it. On that note, I'm off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home