Monday, October 22, 2007

Evan Is Honest

An accurate rendition of a conversation between my darling boy and I, in the JC Penney dressing room, while I am trying on-- against my better judgment-- a pair of black "dress" shorts (it's probably worth mentioning here that I haven't worn shorts since about 1999):

Me: Hmm, these are sort of cute.... with some tights underneath, and a belt?

Evan: Oh, Mama, you is not so pretty.

Me: You don't like these?

Evan: These are too short.

Me, looking in mirror at my ass: Yeah, I guess you're right...

Evan: These are not for mommies.

Lady in dressing room next to ours, who hears everything: Don't you just love taking your kids shopping? Nothing compares to their honesty.

Actually, I do love taking Evan shopping, because he is so honest. Scarily, he's often right about fashion. I don't know how he gets it, but he seems to just know when something is cute or not. Maybe he's a fashion prodigy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I know that I took it as a real compliment when Evan mistook my vintage-dress-clad leg for yours at Angela's wedding rehearsal. He's a mini fashionista--too bad he can't stay up for Project Runway!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home